Friday 3 August 2018

Embroidery


 The first crafting medium i tried many years ago, was Cross stitch.
 I love cross stitch, but i find it very time consuming, so after years of doing larger pieces, i now only sew Cross stitch samplers.

But i have found a new love for Embroidery,as the work comes together a lot quicker.
I have made many Embroidery pieces in the past, but looking back at them my stitches were very basic. Over the last few weeks, i have been trying out new stitches, and i am so excited about creating lots of new pieces.



 This was from 2011, when all i knew was 2 stitches, running stitch and french knots.











I have been working on rope stitch, Lazy daisy, wheel stitch, and feather stitch. Instagram has been a great source of knowledge, and there are some wonderful Emboidery art pieces to inspire the soul.
One of my favourite things to do while stitching, is to turn up the Music and stitch away.


 


This piece was inspired by Fleetwood Mac. The full lyric is "Listen to the wind blow, watch the sunrise."












 Sadly i do have a bit of a crap phone, and the the details are always lost when i take a pic.
 I still need some practise with some of the new stitches.
 I am really happy, because i think i have found the perfect crafting medium for me, and i have so many idea's, and sketches that i have drawn over the years. Funny thing is, i never knew that i was drawing at the time, were going to be designs for Embroidery pieces, but they will be perfect  for what i want to do it.

Not to forget the sewing machine

 Over the next few days i will be doing a stock take of fabrics, threads and cottons. So i can see what i can make from my stock levels. I will be ready for a Sewathon next week, as i will be working out timings and costs for the items i make.

In other news i applied for job, in a local sewing factory. Making the most amazing baby linen's.
I have every thing crossed for an interveiw, and lots of luck wouldn't go a miss 😇

Here's to an Awesome August.

Love Maisy Lee















1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am a Qualified Graphic Designer. I am focused on my Headshot Photo Retouching and Image Editing Services to satisfy you efficiently.
    I have 6 years of experience in Photoshop editing daily. I am offering you the best image retouching naturally and fast photo editing services.

    My Photoshop Services:


    Photo Retouching ?


    Skin Retouching ? Remove blemishes, dark circles, wrinkles, scars ? Image retouching anything ? Photo enhancement ? Retouch images headshot ? Photoshop Body posture

    Background Work ?


    Blur background ? Place subjects on new background ?Remove background /Transparent ? Amazon & eBay Background editing ? Remove object ? Photo Manipulation

    Photo Enhancement ?


    Improve quality, Printable ? Change color ? Adjust light, colors, shadows ? Wedding & real photo enhancement

    Photo Editing ?


    Retouch Muscle/Posture ? Image editing/crop ? Logo change ? Photo restoration ? Body slimming ? Complex Photoshop editing ? Product editing

    Why me?

    1000+ Completed Orders
    Fastest Delivery
    Discounted Costs
    24/7 Support
    Full Satisfaction / Refund
    Order me for any Photoshop task.

    Regards

    Carddesignrr

    ReplyDelete